- Proposing a Program: Detailed instructions, documents, and deadlines for proposing new education abroad programs.
- Site Visit Funding: Secure funding to visit and evaluate a potential new education abroad destination
- Request an EAO Speaker:
Schedule an EAO Advisor to visit your class and speak with students for 15-45 minutes about participating in education abroad programs.
- Sample Documents: A sample syllabus, budget, and other documents you will need to organize your education abroad program.
- Financial Resources & Training: Forms, policies, and training to help faculty receive timely vendor payments and expense reimbursements.
- Studio Abroad Help: Forms and documents to help faculty and staff learn their way around Studio Abroad
Please review all the information in this section before submitting your education abroad proposal. This section addresses the deadlines and training requirements you must know, as well as provides valuable links to information about how the EAO evaluates proposals.
- December 1 for Fall & Decembermester Programs
- July 1 for Spring/Summer Programs
Proposal trainings for new Faculty Directors leading an education abroad program for the 2014-15 academic year/summer have passed.
If you have not taken students abroad on a Faculty Led program at KSU in the last year or are significantly changing your program design and are interested in proposing a program for the 2015-16 Academic Year, please contact Iyonka Strawn-Valcy, International Programs Manager, at 470-578-7787 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Education Abroad Office strongly recommends that you begin your planning process for your education abroad program proposal and involve our office at least 6 months to one year prior to the proposal submission deadlines.
Proposing a faculty-led program at KSU
Please contact Iyonka Strawn-Valcy, International Programs Manager, for information on proposing an Education Abroad Program: 470-578-7787 or email@example.com
Faculty or staff who wish to apply for funding for a site visit to develop a new or existing education abroad program must submit a Site Visit Application Form to Dawyn Dumas with the Division of Student Affairs.
The applications are due November 1 or April 1 of every year for the succeeding term. The Global Learning Fee Committee approves funding based on the strength of the application.
- Education Abroad Orientation Agenda
- Global Learning Scholarship Homepage
- Sample Budget
- Sample Syllabus
- Sample Contact Hours and Itinerary Chart
- Program Agreement for Support Template
Be sure to visit the Finance & Travel Information and Training Page for detailed training modules, job aids, and details about drop-in financial information sessions.
These forms must be filled out prior to payment of any invoices, cash advances, or reimbursements. Direct deposits must now be filled out by all KSU employees requesting reimbursement or cash advances. The direct deposit form is not the same as payroll direct deposit.
Registering New Vendors
If you are paying a vendor who has not been registered with KSU, you will need to have the vendor fill out these forms before we can pay them for services.
- Foreign & Domestic Vendor Registration (Includes Domestic Vendor Tax Form)
- Foreign Vendor Tax Form W-8 BEN (For Individuals)
- Foreign Vendor Tax Form W-8 BEN (For Business Entities)
Business Services requires that all reimbursements for food be approved using the Food Approval Form.
Cash advances take up to three weeks to process through Business Services. In order to receive your cash advance you must fill out the direct deposit form found in the pre-departure section.
Keeping track of your expenses while you are on your trip is vital! Keep all receipts and write down what was paid for. If the vendor doesn’t have receipts have them sign a vendor receipt so you don’t run the risk of having a missing receipt form denied.
When you return to KSU, you are required to submit a reconciliation within three weeks of your return. Use this Check List to double check that you’ve done everything correctly. The use of missing receipt forms is discouraged; avoid using these by having vendors sign vendor receipts.
Staff training documents include:
- Logging in
- Running queries and reports
- Replying to information requests
- Emailing students
- Posting learning content
- Studio Abroad Faculty Training Manual
If you need assistance, please contact Lori Uhler at firstname.lastname@example.org or x2828