F-1 Student Admissions

F-1 StudentsPer immigration regulations INA § 101(a)(15)(F)(i), F-1 status refers to:

“An alien having a residence in a foreign country which he has no intention of abandoning, who is a bona fide student qualified to pursue a full course of study and who seeks to enter the United States temporarily and solely for the purpose of pursuing such a course of study…”

In order to come to the U.S. to study at Kennesaw State University, you have to be admitted, obtain an I-20 from our school and then apply for an F-1 visa in your home country (unless you change your status to F-1 within the United States or transfer from another school). Once you have commenced your studies at Kennesaw State University, you need to make sure you maintain your legal status as per the information in the F1 sections of our website.

International students in F-1 visa status have several important responsibilities and benefits related to their immigration status described in the links to the left. If you have questions about any of this information, please come by the SEVIS Compliance Office during advising hours to speak with an advisor.

Apply Online Today

Helpful Links