Affidavit of Support & Cost to Attend
For international wire payments or third party billing/payment instructions, please email email@example.com. PLEASE NOTE: KSU CAN NOT ISSUE REFUNDS FOR WIRE PAYMENTS MADE ABOVE THE ACTUAL COST OF TUITION AND FEES. PLEASE ONLY WIRE THE AMOUNT ON YOUR OWL EXPRESS ACCOUNT.
Estimated Costs for One Academic Year at KSU
The following fees are estimated in order for a prospective student to verify their funding for an F1 I-20 and student visa. An academic year is one Fall semester and one Spring semester. Expenses below do not include passport/visa fees, flight costs, ground transportation, nor expenses for summer semester (room, board, tuition, etc...).
Room & Board
Health Insurance & Books
* Premium Programs will require additional tuition funding
** All fees are subject to change at any time
International Student Proof of Financial Support
You are required to certify that you will have available the sum of USD $36,500 for your studies at Kennesaw State University (KSU), exclusive of travel expense. KSU does not provide funds for financial aid to foreign students. The financial statement in USD from your institution(s) must be submitted to KSU in order to receive an I-20. Please note that KSU advisors may reach out to the financial institute to verify the documents submitted, and that we reserve the right to request original documents if deemed necessary for verification purposes. When visiting the United States Consulate for your visa interview, it is recommended to bring an original version of your bank statement along with the KSU I-20 received to prove that you have sufficient funds for your studies.
1) Financials will be reviewed to determine if they meet the standards. Financials must be in the amount of USD$36,500 or more for Graduate, Doctoral and Undergraduate students. Scans of original financial documents must be of high quality in JPG or PDF format. Please note that Kennesaw State University reserves the right to request original documents if deemed necessary for verification purposes. Dependents will add an additional $7000 for spouse and $6000 per child.
2) Currency must be clearly marked on financials with English translation if necessary. An online currency conversion can be made if funds are not in USD$. Print the conversion and submit with the bank statement.
3) All financial statements must also be submitted with a sponsor letter, unless the funds are in the student's name. The sponsor letter must include a signature and contact information. Acceptable affidavits include: a personal letter, a financial guarantee from an institution, a US I-134 form, or the KSU affidavit form (see page 2) which is most common. We need I-134 if the sponsor is a citizen or Perm. Res.
4) We will accept financials from the student and in addition, up to 2 sponsors. All statements must show the account holder name(s), the financial institution name, and contact information, such as an address, website, and telephone number. Documents must be verifiable if we need to contact the institution. This means that requesting a document showing the entire account number may be necessary and required. If a sponsor document has more than one sponsor listed, then an affidavit is needed from both sponsors to show agreement in educational funding.
5) No statement will be accepted if it is a retirement account, fixed or frozen account. Any such account will need additional proof that the money is liquid and usable for educational purposes at the time tuition payments are necessary. We will not accept assets such as a business or property declaration.
6) Statements from a business account, showing ONLY the business name, require additional proof of ownership and or sponsorship for the student. We may require that the business make a statement that the funds can be used for educational purposes of said student.
7) Account statements need to be within 6 months of the program start date. Funds
may need to be proven that they have been in the account for more than 3 months in
some cases. Large sums of transfers not in the account for more than 3 months will
need to have a paper trail, proof of transfer, and if necessary an additional affidavit
YOU MUST MEET THE ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS AT KSU AND GAIN ADMISSION. FINANCIALS SUBMITTED AND ACCEPTED BY ADMISSIONS MUST MEET THE SATISFACTION OF THE KSU SEVIS OFFICE BEFORE WE CAN ISSUE AN I-20. YOUR DOCUMENTS WILL BE REVIEWED TWICE AND ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE MAY BE NECESSARY.