OPT STEM Employment Reporting
All F-1 students who are currently on post-completion STEM OPT are required to report their employment status and information to the SEVIS Compliance Office via email to SEVIS@kennesaw.edu. Please see specific instructions.
1) Send the PDSO, Julie Sharpe (firstname.lastname@example.org) a validation report every six months starting from the date the STEM extension starts and ending when the student’s F-1 status ends or the STEM extension ends, whichever is first. Windows for this six months reporting is 15 days before and 31 days after each reporting due day. Students who do not report will be contacted at the information filed in the International Student Office at KSU (or former SPSU). Student’s status will be terminated if student fails to make the six months report or cannot be contacted. Reports must be made even if no information has changed.
The validation report must include the student’s:
- Full legal name and SEVIS identification number on I-20 (N000…)
- Current mailing and residential address, phone number and personal email address
- Name and address of the current company and supervisor information
- Date the student began working for the current employer
- Job position and or title
- Proof of Insurance Coverage
- Employer E-verify # and Federal Employer Identification Number
2) An annual self evaluation is mandatory from the employer and student every year. Please see pages 6 and 7 of the I-983. The report is due 12 months from the start of your STEM EAD card as well as at the end of the 24 month period.