Transferring to Another School
If you would like to transfer to another school in F-1 status, you will need to request that Kennesaw State University (the transfer-out school) transfers your SEVIS record to the new school (the transfer-in school). If you don’t request the SEVIS transfer, your new school will not be able to access your SEVIS record or issue you a new transfer I-20 from that school.
Please be aware:
- SEVIS records and academic records are two different and unrelated processes.
- Therefore, applying to a new school and being accepted does not transfer your immigration (SEVIS) records.
Steps to Transfer-Out Your SEVIS Record
- Obtain an official letter of acceptance from the new school.
- Fill out and sign the KSU Transfer out form
- Obtain a transfer in form from the international student office of your new school
- Submit the acceptance letter, KSU Transfer out form and the transfer in form from your new school to SEVIS@kennesaw.edu
Failure to request a transfer within the grace period will cause you to fall out of status. After losing lawful immigration status, you will have to depart and re-enter the U.S. with a “new initial” I-20 from your new school in order to study in F-1 status at that school.