Journal of Global Initiatives
Examining Complex Relationships in the Portuguese Speaking World
The special issue of the Journal of Global Initiatives on the Portuguese Speaking World is available now!
The JGI is a peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary journal of international policy, pedagogy and perspectives, published twice-yearly by Kennesaw State University’s Division of Global Affairs.
We have solicited contributions from all disciplines related to every aspect of life and culture, past and present, in the Portuguese Speaking World.
The Journal of Global Initiatives is available at no cost via digitalcommons. You can also purchase physical copies
of the journal.
- Introduction to the Special Issue: Examining Relationships in the Portuguese Speaking
Dan Paracka and Robert Simon
- The Integrity of Women in Re-making a Nation: The Case of Guinea-Bissau
Brandon Lundy, Raul Mendes Fernandes Jr., and Kezia Lartley
- Macau's Trade with the Portuguese Speaking World
Paul B. Spooner
- Blending Myth and Reality: Maritime Portugal and Renaissance Portraits of the Royal
Barbara von Barghahn
- Vasco da Gama, the Explorer: Motivations and Myths
- The Portuguesinhos: Experiences of Return and Reintegration of Angolan Police Commissioned
Officers Who Studied in Portugal
Cristina Udelsmann Rodrigues
- A Lagoa do Cacimbo
Heather Leila H. Jordan MPH
- The Universality of Traditional Tales of the Portuguese Speaking Countries
M.Margarida Pereira-Müller 177152
- Critical Pedagogy and Language Acquisition: Benefiting from a country’s crisis to
improve Second Language Instruction