The mission of the Center for African and African Diaspora Studies is:
- To enhance the image and visibility of Kennesaw State University in African and African-America
- To promote the Kennesaw State University program for internationalization and global
learning by organizing workshops, symposia and conferences to achieve the infusion
of African and African Diaspora information and materials on the campus and into the
- To support the Kennesaw State University major in African and African Diaspora studies
by collaborating with requisite offices to provide services to meet the needs of the
growing international student and faculty body with emphasis on those of African descent.
- To encourage cross-cultural understanding by coordinating campus activities that inform
and educate the public about Africa and the areas of the Diaspora through campus and
community activities; and to position CAADS as a leading resource on issues affecting
the African Diaspora, including the African American and African population.
- To forge relations with local Consulates, which represent the African Diaspora, and
to establish connections with organizations providing services to Diaspora groups
including: African, African Caribbean, African Asian immigrant communities and African
American entities in the Atlanta area, and
- To address critical issues of our increasingly global and multi-ethnic society by supporting relevant public policy and advocacy.