The Global African Experience
The Center for Africana Studies (CAS) supports the internationalization, global learning
and diversity mission of Kennesaw State University through scholarly endeavor and
CAS creates impactful programs and initiatives, encourages collaborative research, and engages in educational community outreach that fosters an understanding of the historical and contemporary experiences of the global African diaspora.
The mission of the Center for Africana Studies (CAS) is:
- To enhance the image and visibility of Kennesaw State University in African and African-America communities.
- To promote the Kennesaw State University program for internationalization and global learning by organizing workshops, symposia and conferences to achieve the infusion of African and African Diaspora information and materials on the campus and into the curriculum.
- To support the Kennesaw State University major in African and African Diaspora studies by collaborating with requisite offices to provide services to meet the needs of the growing international student and faculty body with emphasis on those of African descent.
- To encourage cross-cultural understanding by coordinating campus activities that inform and educate the public about Africa and the areas of the Diaspora through campus and community activities; and to position CAADS as a leading resource on issues affecting the African Diaspora, including the African American and African population.
- To forge relations with local Consulates, which represent the African Diaspora, and to establish connections with organizations providing services to Diaspora groups including: African, African Caribbean, African Asian immigrant communities and African American entities in the Atlanta area.
- To address critical issues of our increasingly global and multi-ethnic society by supporting relevant public policy and advocacy.