CIFAL Atlanta Local Internship Program
The CIFAL Global Network, with training centers located across Asia, Africa, Australia, Europe, the Americas, and the Caribbean, is a key tool in bringing expertise directly to local officials in municipalities worldwide in an effort to address today’s most pressing global challenges. CIFAL Atlanta, which was established in 2004 by the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR), is one of only two CIFAL centers located in the Unites States. Our center provides executive training throughout the world and acts as a hub for information, communication and knowledge exchange between government authorities, non-government organizations, international organizations, the private sector, civil society, and academic institutions. Our programs provide access to knowledge, experience, resources and best practices in the areas of social and economic development and environmental sustainability. In doing so, it aims to foster multi-stakeholder collaboration in support of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
CIFAL Atlanta interns assist in our efforts to implement programs that provide access to knowledge, experience, resources and best practices in the areas of social and economic development and environmental sustainability. Through this domestic internship, students will have the opportunity to learn and enhance their skills in a variety of areas related to multi-stakeholder collaboration and the promotion of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Ultimately, participants of the CIFAL’s internship program will acquire a better understanding of the major problems confronting the world and gain knowledge in regards to how CIFAL Atlanta is developing solutions to tackle these issues.
- Programming/Event support for all quarterly trainings/events
- Support with organizational logistics and maintaining/improving office efficiency
- Develop and publish creative content for our social media accounts
- Draft news articles and write website content for all previous programs
- Research topics and information related to 17 Sustainable Development Goals to use for content or program development
- Work on info-graphics and other graphic representations for CIFAL Atlanta to use during promotional events and trainings
- Assist in preparing Monitor & Evaluation reports, best practices and follow-up documents in relation to previous conferences, trainings, and programs
- Attend program related meetings and participate in CIFAL Global Network student interviews for upcoming semesters
- Promote our organization and bring awareness to the importance of the United Nation’s Agenda 2030 at campus/community events
- Support CIFAL Atlanta in other daily tasks and administrative duties
Interested students must apply for our internship through Handshake.