Kennesaw State University does not issue DS-2019s for J-1 visas for its Intensive English Program. However, if you are currently a J-1 visa holder maintaining your status in the U.S. and wish to take English language training classes for your program requirement or for recreational purposes, you may do so.
If you are applying to study while you are in the U.S. on your J-1 visa, please submit the following:
- IEP application (Click on the Apply Now button below)
- Click here for step by step directions with photos included!
- Click here for a list of upcoming start and end dates for the IEP courses
- Copy of passport
- Copy of visa
- Copy of visa stamp
- Copy of I-94 (Click here to locate a copy of your I-94)
- Copy of DS-2019
- $60 non-refundable application fee (Pay through the link below)
Once you are admitted into the Intensive English Program, you must take a placement test before we can place you in a level of study. The placement test is given at orientation the week before the program begins. All new students are required to attend this orientation!
Program Details for Part-Time Students
Fee DescriptionCostClass Hours
Foundations$1440-$1800Class Hours: 12 to 15 per week
Intermediate to High Advanced$360-$1800Class Hours: 3 to 15 per week
Books$40-50Average cost for 1 class
Parking Fee$46Required for all those parking a car on campus (per session)
- Each session (or level) is 8 weeks.
- Classes are held on Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday at the following times: 8:30am-10:00am, 10:15am-11:45am, and 1:00pm-2:30pm.
- Students who place into the Foundations division must be registered for and attend classes between 12-18 hours per week. Students who take 12 hours should plan to be in classes Monday through Thursday from 8:30am-11:45am.
- We also offer some Friday elective classes. (Click here to visit the Schedule for Friday Classes)
- We currently do not offer evening or weekend classes for F-1 visa students or for students that place into the Advanced levels. For more information about our evening and weekend classes, please visit the Evening and Saturday Classes page.
Au Pair Language Requirements
The Intensive English Program has helped many J-1 Au Pairs meet their program's language requirements. Au Pairs may choose to attend either the core-curriculum courses or the optional Friday courses.
- Please note that if an au pair places into a Foundations level they will be required to attend at least 12 hours of class a week, from 8:15am-11:30am on Monday-Thursday.
- Please also note that in the Intermediate levels, each grammar course is 6 hours per week. Each course meet four times per week, either once a day (1.5 hours) for four days per week or twice per day (3.0 hours) for two days per week.
Certification of Completion of Classroom Hours
At the end of a session of study, the Intensive English Program can provide a certificate of completion detailing the number of class hours the student attended. Most au pairs are able to use this certificate in lieu of required credits. Kennesaw State University does not provide course credit for Intensive English Program classes.
Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or 470-578-2214) with any questions.