Introduction to the Sustainability Mindset:
July 23 - 25, 2018
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
- Albert Einstein
The Sustainable Development Goals are the most important agenda for the coming 12 years. There is not one discipline that falls outside of the opportunity to shape a better world. Because there is not one profession that exists outside of our world.
Yet educators are challenged to connect information with values and actions, which cannot be achieved until we develop a real paradigm shift.
How can educators of the new generation be prepared to develop this new mindset with their students?
This interactive, experiential and teaching-centered workshop is designed for educators of all disciplines, who see their role in developing a new generation of change accelerators, shaping the world they want to live in.
What to Expect
- Learn the core elements of the sustainability mindset.
- Understand the values that anchor us in the un-sustainability.
- Explore the leverage points of the old and the new worldview.
- Identify ways to incorporate the mindset into your courses.
- Work with and learn from a diverse group of peers who share your interest and passion for developing the new generation of professionals.
- Enjoy the traditional Tuscan cuisine both local and organic.
- Visit a winery and participate in a wine tasting.
- Visit the exemplary sustainable farm in San Martino and enjoy lunch.
- Participate in a hike amidst hills and vineyards.
- Take advantage of our early registration fee! If you register before April 30th, the registration fee is USD $600.
- Registration covers sessions July 23 - 25, 2018 (see agenda for details).
- Welcome Dinner - July 23
- Lunch - July 24
- Wine Tasting - July 24
- Tuscan Dinner- July 24
- Visit to San Martino Farm - July 25
- Lunch at Farm - All meals include beverages. Taxes and tips are included in package.
*Lodging is not included.
- Registration opens: March 1, 2018.
- After April 30, 2018: Registration fee is USD$ 650.
- LIMITED VACANCIES.
- DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE: Participants staying on for the Academic Learning Lab, July 26 - 28, 2018, will enjoy a USD $100 discount on the total.
Lodging is not included in registration.
You are responsible for booking your lodging accommodations in country.
In the small hill village of Montepulciano accommodations are limited! Hotels and bed and breakfasts receive early bookings, so to ensure you get your space, make sure to reserve your accommodation at the time of your registration.
Our dedicated partner, Virginia Vannuccini from Terre Toscane is ready to help you with accommodations fitting your needs and budget. Also, Virginia can help you find recommended activities in the area for before and after the event. firstname.lastname@example.org
What People Say
"Having trained to facilitate a course on Developing a Sustainability Mindset with students has been one of the most rewarding learning experiences for me. Experiencing students' realization that we all must do something to contribute to the common good and becoming aware of how we are driven to consume, has been a very powerful experience."
- Dr. Aixa A. Ritz, Associate Professor, International School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Fairleigh Dickinson University