SUSTAINABILITY MINDSET: Conference
July 26 - 28, 2018
The conference designed as a learning lab will provide a small group, intensely interactive space, conducive to reflective activities, profound dialogues and professional exchange with colleagues from diverse geographies and contexts.
Call for Submissions
Academic Experiential Learning Lab
Theme: Innovative Pedagogies to Develop a Sustainability Mindset
- Participants are invited to submit a proposal for a session featuring activities, instruments or innovative pedagogic approaches to develop aspects of the sustainability mindset with students.
- Priority will be given to interactive and experiential sessions.
- Sessions can be between 60 to 90 min maximum. Consult for options of using outdoor spaces.
- Certificates of participation will be provided.
- Format: Proposals need to be submitted following APA formatting, and include a 500 word description of the session, indicating context and learning outcomes, in addition to the outline of the design for the session.
Send your proposal to email@example.com
Deadline for Submissions: April 20, 2018.
What to Expect
In an exceptional natural setting - the Fortessa of Montepulciano, professors familiar with the sustainability mindset will:
- Share their experience and pedagogical approaches.
- Learn from peers in different contexts and geographies.
- Develop new techniques and explore new tools and exercises.
- Present recent, current or future research.
- Experience Tuscany's nature as part of our Learning Lab.
- Network in a unique setting conducive to dialogue.
- Enjoy the traditional Tuscan cuisine both local and organic.
- Visit a winery and participate in a wine tasting.
- Visit an exemplary sustainable winery in Salcheto and enjoy lunch.
- Participate in a ride amidst hills and vineyards.
Take advantage of our early registration fee!
- If you register before April 30, 2018, the registration fee is USD $600.
- Sessions July 26 - 28, 2018 (see agenda for details).
- Welcome Dinner - July 26
- Lunch - July 27
- Wine Tasting - July 27
- Tuscan Dinner - July 27
- Visit to the Sustainable Salcheto Winery - July 28
- Lunch at Farm - All meals include beverages. Taxes and tips are included in package.
*Lodging not included.
Registration Opens: March 1, 2018.Register
After April 30, 2018: Registration fee is USD$ 650.
Lodging is not included in registration.
In the small hill village of Montepulciano accommodations are limited! Hotels and bed and breakfasts receive early bookings. To ensure you get your space, make sure to reserve your accommodation at the time of your registration.
Our dedicated partner, Virginia Vannuccini from Terre Toscane is ready to help you with accommodations fitting your needs and budget. Also, Virginia can help you find recommended activities in the area for before and after the event. firstname.lastname@example.org