International Education Week at KSU
The Division of Global Affairs will celebrate International Education week Nov. 12 – 16 by hosting and attending events that celebrate the transformative benefits of international education at KSU.
International Education Week is a joint initiative between the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education that encourages international learning and exchange. Their mission aims to prepare Americans for the increasingly global environment and hopefully help them thrive as leaders through their international education experiences.
KSU students have incredible opportunities to engage in international learning during their academic career. During International Education Week, students can learn about those opportunities and gain insight on how to best achieve their international ambitions. Students may also attend a number of other events during the week that celebrate KSU’s international population.
The daily line up for the week includes:
- Boarding Pass General Info Session hosted by the Education Abroad Office (EAO) (1:30 – 2:30 p.m., Town Point Building, Classroom 1600)
- Parade of Flags and International Fair hosted by the KSU Global Village (4 p.m., Campus Green)
- Passport Day at KSU hosted by EAO (10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Town Point Building, Suite 1700)
- Career Workshop: Market Your Education Abroad Experience hosted by EAO (1:30 – 2:30 p.m., Town Point Building, Classroom 1600)
- International Night at Women’s Basketball hosted by the Global Village (7 p.m., location TBD)
- The Legacy of Slavery, Race and Racism in Morocco hosted by the Annual Country Study Program (11 a.m., Sturgis Library)
- Scholarships for Study Abroad hosted by EAO, (12 – 1 p.m., Town Point Building Classroom 1600)
- What’s Next? Going Abroad After Graduation hosted by EAO (1:30 – 2:30 p.m.)
- International Student Association Autumn Festival (7 p.m., ARC Multipurpose Room)
International Education Week is a celebration of the KSU initiatives that help to broaden the global perspective of KSU students and connect them to the world. For more information on KSU global initiatives, visit dga.kennesaw.edu.