Register for Insurance

Students and faculty or staff leading education abroad programs are registered for the university’s student policy automatically by the Education Abroad Office. 

Students traveling on an academic or co-curricular international experience not managed through the Education Abroad Office must notify the Office of International Safety & Security of their travels in order to be eligible for enrollment in the university’s supplemental international insurance policy for students. Failure to do so may result in limited capability for the university to assist you in the event of an emergency abroad. There may be additional implications for any university funding or credit received associated with the experience. Contact for more information.

Employees traveling internationally on business are eligible for the university’s business policy, which is offered at no cost. Faculty and staff can register their travel with CISI at