In the event of a security incident such as terrorism, natural disaster or political insecurity, etc.:
1. Monitor local media and follow directives of local emergency personnel
2. Be prepared to shelter in place or move to a safe location
3. Students studying abroad should contact their program or faculty leader at the earliest opportunity.
4. Faculty, staff and students traveling independently should contact the KSU 24/7 International Emergency Phone at +1.470.578.6666. Identify yourself as a student, faculty or staff member experiencing an emergency abroad to be routed appropriately.
5. U.S. Citizens can also contact the U.S. Department of State’s American Citizens Services for assistance in a safety emergency.
a. Contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate, or visit the U.S. DOS emergency abroad webpage to locate the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate and to read more emergency information.
From overseas: +1 (202) 501-4444
From inside the US: 1 (888) 407-4747