Non-U.S. Citizens Traveling Abroad

Travelers who are not U.S. citizens or individuals who do not have a U.S. passport may still enroll in the Department of State Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) in order to receive local security alerts and updates that may impact travel plans.

While you can receive security messages put forth by the local U.S. consulate or embassy in your destination, please be advised that U.S. embassies and consulates are unable to assist non-U.S. citizens in the event of an emergency. Instead, during your pre-departure planning please identify the nearest consulate or embassy of your country in your intended destination. You may also wish to register your travel with them if they offer a similar traveler emergency notification service. 

Note that assistance for U.S. lawful permanent residents is provided by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). U.S. embassies or consulates can only provide limited services for LPRs.

Prior to traveling abroad, Kennesaw State University international students and scholars  on an F-1 or J-1 visa and their dependents must comply with the overseas travel requirements outlined by the International Student and Scholar Services Office. Individuals with other visa statuses should contact their visa sponsor for travel advice. Failure to do so may result in issues at the port of entry including detention by Customs and Border Patrol or being refused entry to the United States.  The university will be limited in its ability to assist a traveler in the event of detention by Customs and Border Patrol.

Kennesaw State students, faculty and staff who have additional questions about international travel requirements or restrictions for non-U.S. citizens are encouraged to contact the International Student and Scholar Services Office.