Faculty & Staff
Registration with On Call International and enrollment with CISI connects you to the university’s international emergency protocol and enables the university to assist you in the event of an emergency abroad.
Faculty and staff should book travel in Concur in order to be automatically enrolled in On Call International. If booking travel outside the system, please register your travel with On Call International by emailing your itinerary to email@example.com in order to receive in-country security information and alerts.
Faculty and staff should also register all business travel abroad with CISI to enroll in the university’s business travel supplemental international insurance policy. This policy is independent of HR Benefits and is available at no charge for all Kennesaw State University faculty and staff. Do not register personal dates of travel.
The university does not require petitions for faculty or staff conducting business travel to high risk locations. However, if you are planning to travel to a location with one of the below active designations, please review the KSU International Risk-Designated Travel Guidelines and contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to departure.
- U.S. Department of State Level 3: Reconsider Travel
- U.S. Department of State Level 4: Do Not Travel
- CDC Level 3 Warning: Avoid Nonessential Travel
Accompanying Students Abroad
- Education Abroad
- Faculty or staff wishing to take students abroad on an education abroad program for academic credit must complete the education abroad program proposal process and additional requirements through the Education Abroad Office.
- Faculty or staff accompanying students on an Education Abroad Program are automatically registered with On Call International and CISI.
- Non-Credit Bearing Experiences
- Department-Sponsored Travel
- Research Abroad
- Accompanying Registered Student Organization Travel
- Faculty or staff accompanying RSO group travel must do so on their personal time unless they have proposed a formal education abroad experience.
- The university must have information about the group travel. Please complete and submit the Non-Credit Bearing Student International Group Travel Form 60 days prior to departure.
- Faculty or staff accompanying RSO travel abroad using personal time will not be eligible for the university’s CISI business travel policy and must secure coverage through CISI directly.
- Education Abroad
Faculty or staff planning to bring sensitive data or equipment with them abroad, or who will be traveling to a country with Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) or International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) restrictions needs to work with Research Compliance to verify that their research and equipment complies with federal regulations. For more information, see IT Security.
A laptop loaner program is available through University Information Technology Services for travelers to risk-designated locations or countries with an increased cybersecurity profile who wish to leave their technology at home.