Education for Human Rights & Sustainable Program 2021
Open to all K-12 teachers from Georgia, Alabama, Tennesee, South Carolina and North Carolina
Five Days - Virtual
May 31 - June 4, 2021
July 2021 – May 2022
We invite teachers and curriculum leaders working in elementary, middle, and secondary schools in the state of Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina and North Carolina, to join us virtually from May 31 – June 4, 2021 for this free seminar. Activities will include lectures by human rights scholars, curriculum planning sessions, networking activities with human rights agencies, followed with monthly meetings after the seminar. The seminars are free of charge. Educators from all subject areas are welcome, but preference will be given to those working in social studies, language arts, science, and mathematics who are interested in cross-disciplinary, issues-centered learning.
Participants are expected to design activities or a small-scale action plan to implement in their school community. Upon the conclusion of the seminars, participants will have the opportunity to receive a Certificate from the Division of Global Affairs at Kennesaw State University, as well as a small stipend from The Miner Anderson Family Foundation.
Bring Human Rights to Your Classroom
As a participant in this program you can
- Learn about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Gain a deep understanding of the main principles in human rights education
- Explore the attributes of global citizenship
- Work with fellow teachers to develop ideas on how to implement these values in the classroom
- Meet monthly with the group to share your thoughts and updates on implementations in your classroom
- Have opportunity to receive a small stipend from The Miner Anderson Family Foundation upon the completion
To register, please fill out the Registration Form below. The application packet consists of personal particulars and a personal statement. For guaranteed review of submission, applications must be received by April 15, 2021. Applications will be accepted until openings are filled. For inquiries, please contact Ms. Ji, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.Register