Mission & Goals
The Annual Country Study Program cultivates an interdisciplinary educational platform for campus wide critical exploration of a country through a variety of relevant activities and events to engage KSU students, faculty, and community, and enhance awareness, interest, and understanding of the world.
A Platform for Global Learning and Engagement
- Expand participants' cultural knowledge and intercultural skills.
- Advance KSU's globally-focused curriculum, intercultural expertise, and international partnerships and research collaborations.
- Support and empower faculty to integrate country specific material as well as education abroad and local intercultural experiences into their curriculum through connections with the local community and partners abroad.
- Strengthen student engagement in global learning and help prepare students to enter the global society as responsible citizens.
- Break down stereotypes and connect across cultures by providing participants with a rich, complex sense of place, identity and community (both locally and globally).
- Competitive College Spotlights that integrate program offerings into course content.
- Team-taught semester-long interdisciplinary course that includes a study abroad component.
- Extensive involvement of local and international community partners, including university partners, consular officials, business leaders, and expatriates
- Guest lectures featuring national and international experts from various fields/professions (arts, business, education, engineering, health, humanities, science, etc.)
- Featured films both from and about the country or region of study
- Featured Theatre, Music and Dance Performances, Art Exhibits, and Culinary Demonstrations
- Hosting visiting exchange faculty and students, including special residencies for artists, chefs and other specialists
- An International Academic Conference hosted on the KSU campus
- A Special Issue of the Journal of Global Initiatives