For our incoming fellows, below is a list of things you should consider packing for your upcoming residency.
- Passport and visa
- At least one form of personal identification
- SEVIS Forms
- State Department documents verifying your participation in YSEALI Institute
- Most events will be casual dress. It will be fall in Atlanta when you
arrive, with temperatures ranging between 10°C to 30°C in September and early October. It may be rainy so please bring a coat. You will be responsible for your own laundry, so bring fabrics that can be washed in U.S. machines.
- Bring comfortable walking shoes, as walking will be your main mode of
transportation to and from class, as well as in and around the immediate
- Bring at least one formal outfit (suit or dress) and one business casual
outfit. The opening dinner and closing luncheon will be formal events, and
there will also be some visits with officials.
- Bring power adaptors for your electronic devices. Remember that the U.S.
runs on alternating current, 60 cycles, 110 volts. If you are unable to
purchase an adaptor prior to your arrival, Institute staff will assist you
with getting to a store to purchase one. However, it is easiest if you are
able to come with one.
- You will have an iPad for use during your stay at KSU. You are not
required to bring your own laptop or tablet.
- Keep your medicine with you on the plane if possible. Bring enough
medicine for your stay. It may not be available in the U.S. without a
prescription from a U.S. doctor.
This is a program of the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. government, administered by Kennesaw State University.